What is TFN?
- TFN is made up of local American families/individuals that spend time with Washburn international students to learn about the student's country and share American culture. Each individual student is paired with a friendship family.
What will I do with my friendship family?
Each family is very different, so activities will be different between your classmates, but activities could include:
- Dinner at their home
- Going to local parks, zoo, farmer's market
- Going to sporting events (your friendship family's, Washburn University)
- Experiencing Midwest hospitality and Kansas culture
- Going to coffee or to local restaurants
- Families will try to see you 1-2 times per month depending on their and your schedule
- Your commitment includes being willing to spend time with your family and share about you culture
- TFN has a planning team made up of over 10 individuals that organize all TFN activities and is responsible for matching students with families. The planning team is here to assist you with any questions or problems you may have with your friendship family.
- If you have any questions at any time please contact us:
Interested in having a friendship family but have more questions?